Wednesday, September 17, 2008

6 Days

I cannot believe that I am still pregnant. I am the size of a house and move about as slowly. I love coming into work and everyone looks at me like I am completely insane for walking in the door. I love the questions about the number of children in my belly. The way people just stare and say, WOW, that is huge. Yes, these are the comments that I have always strived for. On the other hand, no one wants me in thier meetings or thier office for fear that my water will break. So, I have gotten out of a lot of work!

I have resigned myself to the fact that there is no way for me to get this baby out without the doctor's help. I have tried everything, exept for the things Kevin will not let me try (castor oil, rasberry leaf tea). I actually got on the treadmill since my doctor said walking would help speed things along. I looked up labor inducing pressure points and used them but they just gave me contractions and no baby. Apparently, Ethan wants to start his life being stubborn. Not so surprising given his genes.

It seems very strange that in less than a week, we will have a baby. I am happy to have this last weekend to do some more cleaning and eat some more not-so-healthy food. As Kevin continues to remind me, I can only do for 6 more days then I get to go back to dieting. It has been nice to not have to be concerned about the number of calories, just giving the baby what he wants :)

Hopefully soon I will have baby pictures to post!

No comments: